Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Just a Few Reasons Why the Latino Culture Seems to Better Fit My Personality:

1. Everyone here is consistently 15-45 minutes late, making my persistent tardiness by 10-15 minutes seem early.  (I am gonna be in trouble when I return to the States.)

2. The main expression of love here is through physical touch.  Anyone who knows me knows I love my hugs and other physical expressions of care.  Everyone here is always kissing, hugging, and hanging on their querid@s (loved ones).

3. Carbs! Carbs! Carbs!  This dough-face could really get used to the fresh bread and other carbs every day here.

4. Catholicism permeates all aspects of life here.  It's a good thing that rather than being creeped out by the two Jesus and a Virgin Mary overlooking me while I sleep, I have come to take comfort in them.

5. Focused on relationships and human connections, this culture could really teach me a thing or two about slowing down and appreciating the beauty in life.

1 comment:

  1. Literally think about this ALL THE TIME when I'm reminded of you in this Latin culture! It's great because although I miss you like crazy, you'd fit in so well here that you might as well be walking to church with me or enjoying some rice and potato almuerzo :) LOVELOVELOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete